After graduating with honors from Moore College of Art and Design (Philadelphia, PA) in May of 2004 with a BFA in Illustration, I was hired immediately as full-time Retoucher, Graphic Designer and Photo Restoration Artist at a photography studio in New Jersey. I have grown in that position over nine years now. My classical art education enables me to see what looks natural and how to enhance an image, giving it a naturally polished look.
My artful photo retouching & restoration services include the following:
• removal & softening: blemishes, eye bags, glare/shine, body trimming/double chin, head/eye/body swapping, glamour retouching, wrinkle smoothening, and skin tone/color adjustment
• designing: cards, composites, wedding/coffee book page layouts
• eye, skin or hair color changing
• background replacement, removal of unwanted people, items in the environment
• adding colors to faded areas
• scale adjustments
• dust and scratch removal
• scan negatives, images, crop negatives, organize & edit photos
• “hands on” painting techniques: dye blending, spotting, glare removal
I also work as a freelance illustrator and painter. I work with both traditional and digital media, namely oils and Photoshop. I develop ideas from thumbnails to final piece, with focus on subject matter, composition, color, page layout, and audience, eagerly tackling any project that comes my way and always meeting deadlines.
My life-like illustrations and paintings include the following:
• Concept Art
• Advertising/Commercial Illustration
• Fantasy, Book/Story Illustration
In my spare time I also enjoy Video Editing and making Fan-Art.
My artist inspirations include Walt Disney, Boris Vallejo, Julie Bell, Luis Royo, Norman Rockwell, N.C.Wyeth, Maxfield Parrish, Jonathan Bowser, H.C. Christy, Marta Dahlig, and Melanie Delon. However many of my deeper inspirations come from my family, friends, and the world around me.